Current Job Openings
Accounts Payable Specialist - TalentZok
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting company?! Then we have got the right team for you! In this role, you are responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist in San Marcos, CA who possesses:
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Payable or similar experience
- At least 1 year of experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing company
- ERP experience is a huge plus!
Email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469.895.5515
FULL DESCRIPTION: Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving, processing, verifying, reconciling and paying invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner through the company's ERP software, JD Edwards.
The selected candidate will further possess:
- The Accounts Payable employee must have at a minimum a High School Diploma.
- Possess an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong communication skills are a must both verbal and written in English is essential.
- This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the accounting field and has a working knowledge of basic accounting practices.
- Must have the ability to perform a variety of bookkeeping and clerical tasks in order to prepare and maintain payable records and generate reports.
- Must be computer literate and have experience using Excel or related software. Intermediate Excel level preferred.
- Use and knowledge of pivot tables, basic formulas, and setup of reconciliation.
- Ability to prepare records and files in an organized, neat, and legible manner.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting theories and generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) are required.
- Ability to prepare account analyses and other records in an organized, neat, and professional manner is a must.
- Team-oriented philosophy is a must with ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- 10-key calculator by touch.
- This job operates in a professional office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Process daily two-way match receiving to purchase orders for inventory and expense purchases company-wide by reviewing and coding expenses accordingly and posting to general ledger.
- Process invoices for three-way match to purchase order and packing lists on a daily basis.
- Obtain approval for all invoices without purchase order or requisition approval
- Process all freight, communication, rent, utility, and commission bills.
- Process daily three-way match invoices to packing slips & purchase orders for inventory and expense purchases reconciling sales tax, freight-in and shipping & handling.
- Follow-up on all completion and billing for requisition orders with supplier invoice.
- Stamp and code packing slips & invoices with General Ledger (G/L) account number and respective dollar amount for accounts payable (A/P) distribution. Post activity into JD Edwards A/P module for payment.
- Attention to detail and typing of notes in ERP system essential.
- Update Return to Vendor (RTV) analysis after obtaining supplier credits for return material on inventory and expense purchases.
- Process employee expense reports:
- Ensure that company travel policy is being adhered to and obtain receipts from each employee to support charges.
- Process out of pocket reimbursement expense reports in a timely manner so payments are made to employees via ADP bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepare monthly spreadsheet for out-of-pocket travel expenses.
- Prepare monthly analyses of communication, sales-use tax accrual amounts, consultant & attorney fees, waste disposal, ethylene glycol, etc.
- Reconcile account expense analysis to the general ledger as needed and requested from Accounting Manager.
- Assist the Accounting Specialist and/or Staff Accountant by providing copies of invoices for fixed assets and/or Construction in Progress purchases.
- Review, reconcile and prepare annual 1099's for vendors that are sole proprietors and partnerships.
- Handle vendor phone calls and other department inquiries concerning accounts payable issues.
- Effective writing skills to communicate with employees and suppliers to resolve payables issues. Fast typist to convey key points and obtain resolution promptly.
- Process check disbursement twice a month or as needed. Run an A/P aging and select invoices for payments based on payment terms. Print checks and post manual checks (when needed), and wire payments. Present check(s) with supporting documentation of invoices, packing slips and purchase orders/requisitions to President for signature. Give checks, stubs, and other check remittance to Accounts Receivable to stuff/arrange for mailing of disbursements.
- File and maintain clerical records and report pertinent information to Accounting Manager.
- Able to use Word, mail merge for A/P yearly payables setup or mailings as necessary.
- Ensure a timely and accurate preparation and balancing of A/P activity and produce detail, summary and all related A/P reports pertaining to the month-end close.
- Setup new suppliers in ERP system, JD Edwards, for company-wide use.
- Inform management regarding any problem accounts and issue weekly status report.
- Assist in yearly audits performed by outside auditors, parent-company audits.
- Assist in external, internal and government audits.
- Some overtime maybe required.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or call 469.895.5515
More information can be found at www.TalentZok.com