Accounts Payable Specialist -TalentZok
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting company! Then we've got the right team for you! In this role, you're responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist in the Long Beach, CA area, who possesses:
- Accounts Payable-Full Cycle - (City/Government/Municipality experience is a plus)
- ERP System - SAP/Oracle or similar
- MS Office Suites - Intermediate
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 424-488-7104
- Review vendor invoices for proper accounting coding and approval levels, process accounts payable, and print warrant checks using the City's ERP system, assure that check records are complete and accurate and conform with accounting rules and procedures; and prepare extract for warrant register.
- Process a variety of accounts payable related transactions, including expense reimbursements; post and proof general ledger journal entries; maintain and update vendor database, contractor purchase orders and payment records; and prepare year-end 1099 forms.
- Open and close commercial and residential utility accounts; calculate fees, collect and account for money received in payment for permits, utility bills and other collections; issue receipts; calculate and process refunds for closed accounts; investigate billing discrepancies and make adjustments as necessary; review delinquency lists and accounts receivable aging reports; prepare statements for regular accounts receivable items and warnings and discontinuance of service notices; issue shut-off work notices to the Public Works Department; investigate and respond to customer billing complaints.
- Verify claims, warrants, deposit slips, insurance reports and other records for accuracy, consistency and budget classification; assembles, sorts, tabulates, codes and files fiscal data; makes arithmetical calculations and verifies totals and extensions; perform data entry or maintains manual records, as required, to post, adjust and balance accounts; allocate funds to correct accounts; balances and reconciles accounts; and generate reports and audits for accuracy.
- Maintain business license applications, renewals and updates; track and follow up on delinquent business license renewals; receive payments and issues business licenses; calculate appropriate fees; research and identify unlicensed businesses for licensing.
- Research payments, deposits and other files to resolve problems or discrepancies; prepare collection letters and routing correspondence.
- Respond to inquiries in person and by telephone; explain established procedures and work unit policies; direct citizens and others to appropriate destination.
- Establish positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies and associations, City management and staff, and the public.
- Maintain petty cash; operates a cash register; verify payments and prepares deposits.
- Prepare and reconcile bills, invoices and purchase orders for disposition; prepare entries, tabulations, standard forms and routine documents; identify, calculate and initiate appropriate refunds; maintain related records and files; track past due accounts and resolve disputed billings; pursue collection procedures per City policy.
- May be exposed to confidential and privileged information during the course of duties, which should be maintained as such.
Pay rate $25 - $31 hr.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or call 424-488-7104