Current Job Openings
Accounts Payable Specialist- Simply Biotech
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting biotech company?! Then we've got the right team for you! In this role, you're responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist with a biopharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA who possesses:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of accounts payable experience, processing invoices
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus
Email resumes to email@example.com or call 951.336.1232
FULL DESCRIPTION: The AP Specialist will be responsible for overseeing and managing the company's accounts payable processes and functions in a timely and efficient manner. This includes managing accounting functions including maintenance of accounts payable, related accounts reconciliations, and ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting & Finance. Please note: this is a part time, contract role.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Handle all day-to-day accounts payable functions such a reviewing, coding, and processing bills
- Accurate and timely invoice processing in accordance with company policies including verifying validity and ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Coordinate electronic payment runs by collecting, verifying, and organizing W9 forms and bank details
- Foster and maintain vendor relationships by promptly addressing inquiries and resolving AP-related issues
- Monitor and optimize our procurement system to enhance the overall AP workflow
- Contribute to the month-end close process by providing support and reconciling various accounts, including AP, cash, prepaids, credit cards, and accruals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to investigate and resolve AP-related discrepancies to ensure smooth operations
- Assist in the preparation of year-end 1099 reporting, maintaining compliance with tax regulations
- Provide onboarding to new employees on our procurement process and expense reimbursement submission
- Assist with ad-hoc projects aimed at enhancing system efficiency and operational excellence
The selected candidate will also possess:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in an accounts payable or similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective collaboration and problem-solving
- Familiarity with Prendio and NetSuite or other procurement systems are a plus